Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Baby catcher

I caught my first baby the other day! My shift had just begun and I yet to get report, my pt called out saying that she had to push, I ran into the room, mommy is pushing, I call the Charge Nurse, she calls the OB then joins me in the room along with the nursing assistant and baby nurse. We hold her hand, breathe with her and let her body do its job! What a beautiful miracle! There was a cord wrapped TIGHTLY around the baby's neck, and the baby was unable to be delivered through it, and it was not loose enough to be brought over baby's head, so the cord did need to be cut at the perineum, but other than that... I wish ALL deliveries could be so beautiful! I much prefer the natural, carnal, organic birth experience to those with (unneeded) intervention.

Lovely Labor RN :)

No comments: